Le Mistral Wirksworth
Cafe – Bar – Bistro
Wirksworth’s very own award-winning French-inspired bistro and wine shop. Whether you’re wanting a romantic dinner, a work or family celebration, a glass of wine and a snack, or simply a coffee and pastry, we always deliver simple, delicious food that’s locally-sourced and cooked fresh to order.
Alongside our delicious and authentically-French A La Carte Menu, daytime Lunch/Snack Menu and regularly-changing Blackboard Specials, we offer a variety of tempting offers (inc. Wine & Dine for £13.95 between Sunday and Wednesday)
Ever So “Environmentally” Sensible
Climate change is a real threats to all our futures, we all need to start doing things differently before it is too late. As a business we actively take steps to be more sustainable. Whilst we can’t change everything immediately, we have made a start, see below.
- Increasing “plant-based” food items on all our menus
- Reducing food waste throughout our sites
- Smaller changes like switching to eco-friendly straws, napkins, and toilet rolls.
- Reviewed our waste recycling and now separate our food waste, glass and cardboard.
- Working with suppliers to reduce unnecessary packaging.
- Switching all our Electric and Gas to a of 100% renewable energy supplier
- Started making the change from gas cookers to electric induction cookers in our kitchens.
- As our hot water boilers need replacing these will become electric rather than gas
- Some of our sites even give their vegetable off-cuts away as animal feed!
- Where possible, we are installing electric car charging points in our car parks. The MD now drives a fully electric car with other company vehicles being Hybrids.
We will keep looking for changes we can make now and in the future. If you can suggest other practical and sensible action we can undertake please let us know 🙂
We are open…
Coffees and pastries available from 9:30am everything else from 12noon
Grab a coffee & a pastry for £3.95
“Quoi de neuf?” “What’s new?”